When people ask me if there are any foods I miss from my pre-vegan days my answer is always the same. There’s only one thing and it’s soft serve ice cream. You can find a pint container of any flavor of non-dairy ice cream (and don’t get me wrong, that awesome!) but soft serve is a little more difficult to come by. Here in New York City there are a couple of places to get to vegan soft serve (Lula’s!) but sadly vegan fro-yo is no where to be found in my Brooklyn neighborhood. Enter Banana Soft Serve. This recipe is so simple and satisfying. It’s easy to keep all the ingredients on hand and perfect for a warm summer night!
Banana Soft Serve
makes 2 servings
What you’ll need:
- 2 bananas, removed from peel and frozen
- 1/4 unsweetened non-dairy milk (I use almond)
- 1-2 tsp agave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- optional toppings such as chopped nuts, dried coconut or carob chips
- Remove bananas from peel and freeze ahead of time (usually at least 4 hours)
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend for about a minute or until completely smooth
- Add your favorite toppings and serve right away!
This treat is super easy to whip up, especially for one or two people and adding flavors is as simple as blending in other fruit. Impress your guests at your next dinner party with this colorful parfait- they’ll have no idea it took you less then 5 minutes to make!
- Make a double batch of banana soft serve.
- Split soft serve into thirds. Blend a handful of blueberries into one portion and strawberries into another.
- Layer each color of soft serve into individual glasses. Top with dried coconut and enjoy!
Nutritional info per serving: *banana soft serve without toppings Calories- 124 Total fat- .5 g Cholesterol- 0 Total carbs- 32 g Dietary Fiber- 3 g Protein- 1g