Today I would like to talk about one of my favorite pantry staples, apple cider vinegar. In addition to being a tasty ingredient in many salad dressings, stews and marinades, ACV is powerful cure-all for many ailments. It helps maintains a healthy balance in the body when taken on regular basis, so I try to have at least 2 tablespoons per day.
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Clarifies skin, clears blemishes
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Balances ph levels and helps maintain alkaline state in the body
- Fights Candida (helps with yeast infections)
- Fight Diabetes
- Lowers cholesterol
- Fights Acid Reflux (when taken with each meal)
- Prevents illness and fights colds
- Aids in weight-loss by breaking up fats stored in body
- Aids in detoxification (see my Mango Sunrise Smoothie)
And the list goes on and on! In addition to all of these benefits, ACV is incredibly energizing. If I’m short on time I’ll take a quick spoonful straight from the bottle, but my favorite way to enjoy ACV is in my Apple Cider Vinegar Energizer. This drink is rejuvenating, refreshing and thirst-quenching. It makes a great post-workout drink, afternoon coffee replacement and hangover cure!
If you’re new to apple cider vinegar start with a little less ACV and a little more agave. As you begin to incorporate it more into your diet you’ll find your taste buds becoming used to the vinegar taste and you’ll find yourself adding more ACV to your energizer!
makes 1 serving
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 slice of lemon
- 1-2 tsp agave
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 8- 12 oz water
- handfull of ice cubes
Stir together apple cider vinegar, agave, cayenne pepper and lemon juice in drinking cup. Add ice and water and enjoy!
What are you’re favorite ways to enjoy ACV?