Today I would like to introduce you to my new favorite salty/sweet treat- Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter Kale Chips. I’m so excited about this recipe! These chips have the perfect amount of crunch, chewiness and sweetness plus all the nutritional benefits of raw kale! This is a great recipe for getting kids or friends who aren’t so keen on greens to try kale.
They are awesome on their own and even better with with ice cream. My usual go-to brand, Coconut Bliss, was out of stock at my local store but I was happy to discover another coconut-milk “no added sugar” ice cream- So Delicious Coconut Milk. I tried the Butter Pecan flavor and it was super yummy. The kale chips didn’t last for very long, but I’m looking forward to trying them with Banana Soft Serve next time!
Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter Kale Chips
What you’ll need:
- 1 bunch kale
- 8 dates, soaked in water for at least 1 hour
- 2 tbs peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 2 tbs coconut butter
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup dried unsweetened coconut
- Rinse kale and break into 2″-3″ pieces. Place in large bowl.
- In a blender or food processor, combine dates, peanut butter, coconut butter, cacao powder, vanilla extract, salt and 2 tablespoons of water. Blend until mixture has a mostly smooth, fudge-like texture.
- Using your hands, massage mixture into kale for about 2 minutes. Once all pieces of kale are covered, stir in in dried coconut.
- Spread kale out on dehydrator trays so that the pieces are not overlapping. Dehydrate at 110° for 8 hours. Store in refrigerator and enjoy on their own or with non-dairy ice cream!
What’s your favorite brand of vegan ice cream?