In my last post, I included a photo of my breakfast from earlier this week- a Green Pineapple Cooler- with a sneak peek at a snack on the side, and today I’m very excited to share the recipe for that treat! These bite-size Banana Truffles are packed with protein and fiber so they go perfectly alongside your morning smoothie or as an energizing snack during the day. They are all raw but they don’t require a dehydrator or blender and are super simple and speedy to make.
makes 9 truffles
What you’ll need:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut flour
- 2 dates
- pinch of salt
- Mash banana with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Chop cashews into small pieces. Pit dates and chop into small pieces.
- Stir all ingredients into bowl with banana and combine until smooth.
- Wet hands and roll mixture into balls about 1″ in diameter. Enjoy right away or store in the refrigerator for later!
For our second banana treat, I’d like to share another quick and easy dessert that I came up with as a way to use leftover Cashew Cacao Cookie Dough Dip. This Banana Chocolate Cookie Dough Split takes just a minute to put together when you have the cookie dough made ahead of time. It’s all raw and sugar-free so it might feel like an indulgence, but you’ll feel great after eating it!
Banana Chocolate Cookie Dough Split
makes 2 servings
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of Cashew Cacao Cookie Dough Dip
- 2 tbs of cocoa powder
- 1 tbs cacao nibs
- handful of blueberries
- In a small bowl, mix cocoa powder into cookie dough dip.
- Cut banana in half crosswise, then split the top of each piece lengthwise.
- Fill each banana piece with cooke dough dip, sprinkle with cacao nibs and blueberries and enjoy!