As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, as part of Vegan Mofo I’ll be bringing you smoothie recipes all month long! Today’s Superfood Chocolate Heaven Smoothie is decadent enough for dessert, yet full of so much goodness you will feel great after enjoying it for breakfast! The recipe calls for your choice of superfood (suggestions listed below) but feel free to substitute greens or omit entirely.
I could go on and on about how much I love this smoothie, but I’ll let the recipe speak for itself!
Superfood Chocolate Heaven Smoothie
makes 2 servings
What you’ll need:
- 2 frozen bananas (put in freezer at least 4 hours ahead of time)
- 2 tbs raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk (I prefer unsweetened vanilla)
- 1-2 tbs agave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs raw cacao nibs
- 1 tbs dried unsweetened coconut
- your choice of superfood add-ins: 2 tbs ground flax, 2 tsp maca powder, 2 tbs chia seeds (soaked in 1/4 cup non-dairy milk ahead of time)
- Combine bananas, cacao powder, milk, agave, vanilla and choice of superfood in blender until smooth (add a little extra milk if needed to help blend).
- Pour into glasses and top with raw cacao nibs and coconut. Enjoy right away!