Ever have one of those days when you still feel thirsty no matter how much water you drink? I had this feeling couple of days ago as I was on my way home from the gym after I had worked out and spent time in the sauna (I love the sauna, it’s relaxing, cleansing and amazing for the skin but super dehydrating). I decided to quench my thirst the best way I know how…with coconut water!
This Green Coco-Hydration Smoothie is full of electrolytes, antioxidants, potassium and it’s definitely thirst-quenching. I’ve written about other smoothies being great post-workout drinks before, but I have to say that this smoothie is my new favorite after-gym (and sauna) drink!
I love making soups and smoothies with young coconut but my local store was fresh out so I used the next best thing- Harmless Harvest Coconut Water. It’s the only brand I’ve come across that’s 100% raw. It’s unheated so all the nutrients are still intact- you’ll notice that it tastes much more similar to water straight from the coconut than pasteurized bottled brands.
Green Coco-Hydration Smoothie
makes 2 servings
What you’ll need:
- 2 bananas (I froze mine ahead of time)
- 1 bottle of coconut water or water from one young coconut
- 2-3 packed cups spinach
- 2 tbs dried unsweetened coconut
- optional– 2 tbs ground flax (adds fiber and makes the smoothie thicker)
- Combine all ingredients (except dried coconut) in blender until smooth. Pour into cups sprinkle with dried coconut.