Doesn’t the transition from Summer to Fall always feel like the most hectic time of the year? Today we’re going to keep things simple with one delicious smoothie- two ways. I made this Berry Green Morning Smoothie for myself and my boyfriend earlier this week, topping his with almonds, strawberry and peanut butter (he wanted protein) and mine with blueberries and dried coconut (I wanted something sweet).
This smoothie is packed with antioxidants, protein, Vitamin A, iron and fiber so it will help you power through those hectic days!
Berry Green Morning Smoothie
makes 2 servings
What you’ll need:
For the smoothie-
- 2 bananas, frozen (if not frozen, add 4 ice cubes
- 2-3 packed cups spinach
- 2 handfuls of berries (I used blueberries, raspberries and strawberries)
- 2 tbs ground flax
- 1 tbs maca powder
- 1/4-1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I use unsweetened almond)
- strawberry slices, handful of almonds and scoop of nut butter
- handful of blueberries and dried unsweetened coconut
- Combine all smoothie ingredients in blender until smooth. Add toppings of your choice and enjoy right away!