I had a craving come to me completely out of the blue this week. It was for lemon meringue pie- a dessert I haven’t had in over a year. I didn’t quite have all the ingredients needed for pie on hand but I was able to throw together these Lemon Cookies with Lemon Coconut Frosting. I’m super excited about how delicious they turned out! Hopefully I’ll get around to making the pie next week, but for now these cookies will certainly do the trick.
makes about 10 cookies
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbs agave
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 1 batch Lemon Coconut Frosting (recipe below)
- optional– dried unsweetened shredded coconut for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix together dry ingredients- almond flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. In a small bowl combine wet ingredients- coconut oil (softened), agave, vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Roll dough into small balls about 1″ thick and place on a cookie tray lined with parchment paper. There should be enough dough for 10 cookies. Bake in oven for 7-10 minutes, until cookies are slightly browned on edges.
- Let cookies cool completely. Spread about 2 tsp of Lemon Coconut Frosting on each cookie. Put cookies in refrigerator for about 10 minutes to let frosting firm up. Sprinkle with shredded coconut and enjoy!
Lemon Coconut Frosting
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 tbs agave
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- To liquefy coconut butter, place jar in a bowl of warm water for 5 minutes. Stir until malleable and scoop out desired amount.
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
Don’t forget to get your free 2-Day Clean Eating Meal Plan by signing up for my health coaching newsletter here. It’s 2 day’s worth of yummy, healthy recipes to inspire you to get excited about clean cooking.