It’s still a little chilly here in New York so before it turns into green smoothie weather I would like to share one last oatmeal recipe. Today’s Carrot Cake Oatmeal is officially my new favorite breakfast. Recently I posted my recipe for Carrot Cake Oatmeal Bars and if you liked that recipe you’ll love this warm and creamy version! With a spoonful of peanut butter on top this oatmeal is seriously out of this world.
I would also like to share a super fun interview I did with Kyle Willets last week. She asked about my blog, my philosophy as a health coach and my favorite NYC vegan eateries. You can check it out here. Ok, now it’s oatmeal time!
Carrot Cake Oatmeal
makes 2 servings
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I use unsweetened almond)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of allspice
- dash of salt
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 3 tbs raisins or chopped dates
- optional– 2 tbs chia seeds and/or 2 tbs shredded coconut
- Bring water, milk, oatmeal and shredded carrot to simmer in a small pot on the stove.
- Stir in vanilla extract, cinnamon, allspice, raisins and salt and continue to simmer, stirring throughout, until liquid is absorbed (7-10 minutes).
- Serve into bowls and top with chia seeds and dried coconut.