What an amazing couple of weeks it’s been at our Virtual Vegan Birthday Potluck! It was super fun being able to share some of my favorite blogger’s favorite party recipes with you. Thank you to Hannah, Audrey, Shae, Jordan, Amber and Cara for your incredible recipes!
A few weeks ago I shared a recipe for No-Bake Cookies and Cream Bars. Since then, I’ve been working on a few variations of these raw treats and today I’m very happy to share my latest creation with. As you know, chocolate/coconut/peanut butter is my very favorite combination so these Black and White Coconut PB Bites were an easy evolution. I’ve decided to make them bite-size because they are so rich…but how many bites you enjoy is totally up to you!
Black and White Coconut PB Bites
makes 8 bites
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, softened
- 2 tbs agave
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 tbs creamy peanut butter
- handful of cacao nibs
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To soften coconut butter, place jar in bowl of warm water for 5 minutes. Remove from water and stir until soft.
- Combine all ingredients (except cocoa powder and peanut butter) in a small bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Use hands to form half of mixture into one bar on parchment paper. Stir cocoa powder into remaining mixture and form a second bar that’s the same size.
- Place baking sheet in freezer for 5 minutes, to let the bars firm slightly. Remove from freezer, spread peanut butter over chocolate bar. Layer the second bar over peanut butter and sprinkle with cacao nibs. Slice into bites and return to freezer for 15 minutes. Enjoy right away or store in refrigerator. Be careful not to leave them out for more than 20 minutes, they will start to melt!