Hi friends! You may have noticed that The Colorful Kitchen looks a little different today! We’re currently undergoing a makeover so apologies if any links lead to nowhere or you come across any glitches on the site. Things should be back up and running in no time!
After today’s recipe I think I’m going to officially have to label beans as a dessert. Last week we made Black Bean and Oatmeal Brownies and it was amazing to get positive reviews about the recipe from so many of you! It felt like my batch of brownies disappeared a little too quickly, so I decided to play around with other bean-based dessert bar ideas. I’m super excited to share my latest creation, Cinnamon Raisin White Bean Blondies with Coconut Peanut Butter Frosting.
I’m a little obsessed with these bars right now because they are a delicious hybrid that feel likes part cinnamon raisin bread, part oatmeal cookie and part brownie/blondie. AND they easily fall into the breakfast, healthy snack or dessert category. As with the Black Bean Brownies, you can throw in a handful of chocolate chips to make them a little more decadent, or chopped nuts for a little crunch.
- 1.5 cups cooked or 1 can white beans (drained)
- ⅓ cup quick-cooking oats
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbs coconut oil, softened +extra for greasing baking dish
- 2 tbs agave
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- generious handful of raisins
- for frosting:
- 2 tbs coconut butter, softened
- 2 tbs creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbs agave
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8″x 8″ baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, use an immersion blender or potato masher to blend beans until mostly smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to baking dish and spread out evenly. Bake for 22-25 minutes, until top and edges are crisp.
- Let baking dish cool completely (you can pop them in the refrigerator to speed this us) then slice into bars.
- Enjoy right away, top with Coconut Peanut Butter Frosting (if using) or store in refrigerator.
- To make frosting, stir all ingredients together and spread over bars.