I’ve never been a big pasta person so when I first learned that I’m intolerant to gluten, not being able to eat pasta anymore wasn’t a big deal. Every once in a while I would try a gluten-free pasta dish if I happened to be at a restaurant that had one on the menu, but I didn’t start making pasta at home until this winter. I found myself hungry-shopping at Whole Foods (uh oh) and picked up a brown rice pasta that was on sale. I was so surprised by how tasty it was!
Even thought I was a little late to the gluten-free pasta game, for the past 6 months I’ve been experimenting with different brands and recipes. Today I would like to share an incredibly simple recipe, Easy Cheesy Pasta with Greens. This is the perfect weeknight recipe- it takes less than 20 minutes to prepare and uses only one pot! In the photos I used brown rice spirals from Tinkyada (sold as most health food stores) but feel free to use your favorite pasta of choice.
Easy Cheesy Pasta with Greens
makes 4 servings
What you’ll need:
- 4 servings of your choice of pasta
- 4 cups greens (I used spinach and baby kale)
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs tamari
- 4 tbs nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper
- 2 avocados, cubed
- Prepare pasta according to instructions on package.
- When pasta is finished boiling, drain then return to pot on stove. Turn heat to medium-low and stir in greens, olive oil, tamari, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
- When greens are wilted, stir in avocado and transfer to plates. Enjoy right away.