Happy Saturday, friends! Today I’m excited to share a weekend breakfast recipe that’s so simple you can make it any day of the week. This Easy Baked Oatmeal is creamy on the inside, crispy on the edges and baked in individual cups that make it feel very decadent and fancy. Honestly, it doesn’t take any more effort than preparing quick-cooking oats- but your brunch guests will never be able to guess!
I baked individual servings in 4 oz canning jars, which I love because there are super cute and function as both bakeware and serving dishes- so there’s less cleanup. For larger amounts you can double or quadruple the recipe and use a baking dish and scoop out individual servings- just make sure to add a few extra minutes in the oven. To make the jazzy peanut butter criss-cross pattern in the photos, I used my new favorite kitchen toy- the Cuisipro Deluxe Decorating Pen. You can also use a pastry bag, a plastic baggie with the tip cut off, or simply scoop the peanut butter on with a spoon.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I use unsweetened almond)
- 2 tsp ground flax seed
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- dash of cinnamon
- 2 tbs raisins
- optional toppings- peanut butter and shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix all ingredients (except toppings) together in a bowl.
- Pour into two separate 4 oz jars (or baking dish if doubling recipe).
- Bake for about 25 minutes (longer if using baking dish instead of jars) until edges are crisp and golden.
- Remove from oven, top with peanut butter and coconut. Enjoy right away, straight out of jars!