Nothing makes me happier than sharing beautiful photos of delicious food with all of you. While today’s recipe is incredibly delicious, I’ll be the first to admit that it doesn’t quite have that visual appeal that we all love. You’ll just have to take my word for it that these Vegan Baked Avocado Fries are seriously out-of-this-world tasty. They are packed with flavor, crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. They are best when served fresh out of the oven but I enjoyed a couple of leftovers cold the next day (see salad photo below) and they were still pretty amazing.
I served this batch with a little ketchup but a creamy tahini sauce would be great too. I’m looking forward to enjoying them with my favorite veggie burgers next time!
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast
- dash of salt
- dash of ground black pepper
- 2 tbs dijon mustard
- 2 tbs tamari
- 2 tsp agave
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a baking sheet.
- Cut the avocados into slices ¼"-1/2" thick.
- In a small bowl mix together corneal, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
- In another small bowl, mix together mustard, tamari and agave.
- Individually dip each piece of avocado in mustard mixture, then roll it in corneal mixture until coated.
- Place all pieces of baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Enjoy warm!