Nut milk month continues on the blog! We’ve recently made Brazil Nut Milk, Nut Milk Pulp Macaroons and today I’m sharing a recipe that was originally posted on MindBodyGreen.com last week- Vegan Chocolate Cashew Milk. I love this recipe because it’s reminiscent of the boxed chocolate milk I used to drink as a kid (that would always give me a stomach ache and sugar headache) but it’s filled with nutritious goodness. Raw cacao provides antioxidants and maca powder gives this chocolate milk energizing and strengthening power. If you don’t have either of these super foods on hand you can omit the maca powder and substitute cocoa powder for cacao- it will still be super tasty!
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water at least 4 hours
- 3 cups of filtered water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp. agave or maple syrup, added to desired sweetness.
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp. maca powder
- Rinse and drain cashews. Combine with water in blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain contents of blender through a nut milk bag.
- Return to blender and add remaining ingredients.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving. Store in refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Don’t forget, there is still time to enter our Nouri Bar giveaway!