When I first became interested in raw vegan food I was totally blown away by how satisfying raw versions of traditionally cooked recipes can be. From cheesecake to pad thai, I’m all about enjoying fresh, raw meals during the summer months (talk to me in December and I’m most likely eating a bowl of warm chili over rice) and taking advantage of summer produce. I often hear from people that they are intimidated to try raw food because the recipes they’ve found have long ingredient lists, take hours to prepare and call for exotic kitchen gadgets. While that certainly can be true of some raw recipes (I’ve definitely been guilty of sharing some) today I would like to share an incredibly simple summer meal that takes just a few minutes to prepare.
Today’s Easy Raw Vegan Summer Pasta is a recipe that I’ve been making variations of for years. It’s a colorful alternative to salad, it’s naturally gluten-free and looks fancy enough to definitely impress your dinner guests. So simple yet satisfying, you’ve got to enjoy this recipe while tomatoes are still in season!
- 3 medium zucchinis, cut into thin slices or spiralized
- 3 medium carrots, cut into thin slices or spiralized
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional- chopped basil or parsley
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer to plates and top with basil or parsley.