Do you ever come up with recipe, love it for a while then somehow completely forget about it? Something like that happened to me recently when I suddenly remembered that I hadn’t made my Easy Baked Oatmeal in months. I decided to resolve that issue immediately. I made a couple of slight tweaks and came up with today’s Vegan Baked Banana Oatmeal. I am seriously all about this twist on the classic oatmeal breakfast. I love how the edges get crispy and the inside is extra ooey gooey because of the banana- and with a little peanut butter on top it’s seriously a reason to wake up for breakfast.
You can easily bake this recipe in individual jars like I did in the original recipe but I decided to use my mini 6″ pie dish. I greased the dish so I could pop the oatmeal out and slice it like pie. I decided to do it this way so I could bake the oatmeal the night before then reheat slices for breakfast. I’m honestly not sure if the individual mini jars or slices are more fun to eat…but either way this recipe is a totally energizing, filling breakfast to start your day.
- dash of cinnamon
- coconut oil for greasing
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped dates or raisins
- dash of salt
- optional topping- peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease mini pie or baking dish with coconut oil.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into pie dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until edges are lightly browned.
- If enjoying right away, top with peanut butter and use a knife to serve.
- If preparing the night before, let cool completely and pop baked oatmeal out of baking dish. In the morning slice into pieces, reheat in the oven and top with peanut butter before serving.