In theory, I love caramel apples…but in reality I find them so hard to eat! Plus they are usually loaded with tons of sugar. I decided to come up with a mess-free, much healthier version that you’ll feel good about eating (and not get all over your face).
Today’s Vegan Caramel, Chocolate, Peanut Butter Apple takes just couple of minutes to put together. The slices make it much easier to eat than a traditional caramel apple and each bite is loaded with chocolate, caramel, peanut butter and coconut.
I used leftover caramel sauce from yesterday’s Sweet Potato Bread Pudding recipe. It became a little thicker after being refrigerated which made it perfect for dipping.
- 1 apple
- 2 tbs caramel sauce (see link to Sweet Potato Bread Pudding recipe)
- 1 tbs peanut butter
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1 tbs shredded coconut.
- Core and slice apple. Spread out slices on plate. Spoon caramel sauce into center of apple slices.
- Stir peanut butter and maple syrup together. Drizzle over apple slices.
- Melt chocolate chips in saucepan on stove. Drizzle over apple slices.
- Top with coconut and enjoy right away.