Remember a couple of weeks ago when I said I came up with the perfect Halloween party dessert? I realized that the best Halloween treats always contain at least a little pumpkin (as well as chocolate) so I decided to make another version of the Cookie Cream Cups….Vegan, Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookie Cream Cups!
The cups are baked the same way as in the original recipe (see here for details) but the pumpkin filling adds a little festive color and flavor.
Oh, and incase you were wondering if we bought pumpkins after October 1st rolled around… we did! I’m looking forward to sharing a baked pumpkin seed recipe after we carve them.
- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, softened
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs cocoa powder, divided
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut butter, softened
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- dash of salt
- optional toppings- 1 tbs agave, 1 tbs cocoa powder and ¼ cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease the bottom side of a mini muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt together. Add coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer half of batter to separate bowl and mix in 1 tbs cocoa powder.
- Use your fingers to press about 1-1.5 tbs of batter over greased side of muffin tin. Batter should be no more than ¼" thick (see photo above).
- Bake for 7 minutes. Allow cookie cups to fully cool before gently removing from muffin tin.
- Prepare pumpkin cream combining pumpkin puree, coconut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and salt in blender until smooth. Spoon mixture into cookie cups.
- Create chocolate sauce by stirring agave and cocoa powder together. Drizzle over cookie cream cups. Top with shredded coconut. Store in refrigerator.