Ok, ok, I promise I’ll eventually chill out on the pumpkin recipes (maybe around Valentine’s Day?) but for now this blog continues to function as The Colorful Pumpkin Kitchen.
I believe that only thing better than eating cookies is eating cookie dough so today I’m sharing seasonal cookie dough dip that’s surprisingly good for you. This Vegan, Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookie Dough Dip is actually quite full of protein (from chickpeas and peanut butter) and only sweetened with dates and maple syrup.
I’m all about enjoying this dip by the spoonful but it’s also delicious on apple or banana slices, crackers, cookies or in a cookie dough cookie sandwich.
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 4 dates, chopped
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 tbs non-dairy milk (add until blending is smooth)
- dash of salt
- dash of pumpkin pie spice
- handful of vegan chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in blender or food processor until smooth. You'll need to scrape the sides down a few times.
- Transfer to bowl and stir in chocolate chips.