My family has been known to make fun of me for sneaking greens into everything dish I make. Today’s recipe is no exception. These Vegan, Gluten-Free Fruit and Veggie Mini Muffins are filled with all sorts of goodness like kale, carrots, apple, oats and flax seed- but I promise they taste way more like a treat then a salad!
A little savory, a little sweet, crispy on the outside and the perfect amount of softness on the inside, these muffins have seriously got it going on. They’re especially delicious with a smear of vegan butter or coconut butter.
I used shredded carrot, kale and apple but you could easily just use leftover pulp from making juice, like in this Cinnamon Raisin Juice Pulp Bread recipe.
- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tbs ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbs coconut oil, softened
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1 tbs maple syrup (add more for sweeter muffins)
- ⅓ cup shredded carrot
- ½ apple, diced
- ½ cup kale, shredded
- handful of chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a mini muffin tin or line it with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, ground flax seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together coconut oil, milk, mashed banana and maple syrup.
- Add contents of small bowl to large. Stir until thoroughly combined. Fold in carrot, apple, kale and walnuts.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until edges are lightly golden. Let cool completely before removing from muffin tin.