During the weeks leading up to Valentine’s day, it can be a little saddening to see stores filled with heart-shaped chocolates made with artificial ingredients that aren’t so great for your heart.
I’m very excited to share today’s Vegan & Gluten-Free Raw Chocolate Fudge Hearts because not only are they totally delicious, but the ingredient list is squeaky clean and totally good for your ticker!
I love how melt-in-your-mouth creamy this fudge is. Since this recipe is raw, I opted for cacao powder instead of cocoa. Cacao is unprocessed chocolate and it’s higher in antioxidants, but if you don’t have any on hand regular unsweetened cocoa powder will still taste great.
In the spirit of the season, I used a 1″ heart-shaped cookie cutter to make bite-size pieces. It could also be fun to use a large cookie cutter and make big hearts to cut into…whatever your heart desires!
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 4 hours
- 8 dates, chopped
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs cacao powder
- 1 tbs shredded coconut
- Drain cashews and place in blender. Add all remaining fudge ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a spatula to spread mixture out until it's about ½" thick. Place in refrigerator to harden for about an hour.
- Remove tray from refrigerator and use a cookie cutter to cut out heart shaped pieces.
- For the chocolate topping, stir together maple syrup and cacao powder in a small cup. Drizzle over pieces of fudge and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Store in refrigerator.