Hey friends, happy Monday!! Now that it’s officially Spring (even though it’s still a little chilly in NYC) I’m starting to crave lighter foods like salads and raw dishes.
Today I’m excited to share a lighter, healthier version of your favorite take-out noodles. These Easy Spiralized Zucchini Peanut Noodles are like a vegan, gluten-free and raw version of pad thai. I love the contrast of textures between the zucchini noodles, carrot noodles, bean sprouts and nuts. It’s such a satisfying dish!
If you don’t have a sprializer the recipe will still taste great if you dice the veggies and enjoy it like a salad. The peanut sauce is super simple but so tasty and I could seriously eat it on anything.
Ps- The spring session of Happy, Healthy You begins one week from today! Join me for 21 days of deliciously healthy eating, exercising and organizing!
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbs creamy peanut butter (can substitute almond or cashew butter)
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs gluten-free tamari (or soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 3 medium zucchini
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, diced
- handful of chopped peanuts, cashews or almonds
- Prepare peanut sauce by stirring together lime, peanut butter, sesame oil, tamari and maple syrup.
- Use a vegetable spiralizer to create "noodles" out of zucchini and carrots. Place in a large bowl with bean sprouts.
- Add sauce to large bowl and stir thoroughly. Transfer to plates and garnish with green onion and chopped nuts.