It’s official…it’s raw dessert season!
A few weeks ago I counted down my Top 10 Raw Desserts and today I’m back with another that’s a must-try.
Today’s Vegan, Gluten-Free Raw Chocolate, Peanut Butter Cups are a guaranteed crowd pleaser. I love the contract in texture between the fudgey chocolate layer and the creamy cheesecake topping.
I used creamy peanut butter this time but I think next time I’ll try crunchy to add a even more texture. Feel free to get creative and swap almond or cashew butter as well!
I also topped mine with coconut whipped cream and cacao nibs to make them even more decadent but trust me that these little babies are amazing all on their own!
- ½ cup oat flour
- 4 pitted dates (soaked in warm water 30 minutes)
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 tbs coconut oil, softened
- dash of salt
- 2 tbs peanut butter
- 2 tbs coconut butter, softened
- 1 cup cashews (soaked at least 4 hours)
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbs coconut oil, softened
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- Line a mini muffin tin with baking cups.
- Prepare chocolate layer by blending together oat flour, dates, 1 tbs maple syrup, cocoa powder, 1 tbs coconut oil and a dash of salt until mostly smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare peanut butter layer by stirring together peanut butter and coconut butter. Set aside.
- Prepare cheesecake layer by draining cashews and blending them with lemon juice, 2 tbs coconut oil, 2 tbs maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt until smooth.
- Assemble cups by pressing a spoonful of chocolate mixture into the bottom of each cup. Follow with peanut butter mixture. Top with cheesecake mixture.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes to set. Enjoy right away or store in refrigerator.