Tahini is a very magical ingredient. It’s distinct flavor works wonders in both savory and sweet dishes.
I thought I would share one of the dessert recipes from Color Your Kitchen that’s made without refined sugar and features tahini. This Vegan, Gluten-Free Raw Tahini Date Fudge is one of those recipes that’s so simple (yet delicious) that it’s almost too good to be true. The taste is similar to halvah (my favorite middle eastern dessert) and the consistency is totally melt-in-your-mouth creamy.
For the ideal texture, I recommend storing the fudge in your freezer and taking it out 5 minutes before you’re ready to enjoy it.
- 12 pitted dates, soaked 30 minutes
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup coconut oil, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- Drain dates.
- Combine dates with all ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread mixture out on parchment paper. Use hands to form rectangle about ¾" thick.
- Place in freezer for 45 minutes to set. Remove and slice into squares. Store in freezer.