Today we’re going to get a little fancy.
Well, actually more like fancy-looking but secretly super simple.
Today’s Vegan, Gluten-Free Raw Cucumber Roll-Ups are rather swanky looking and perfect for impressing guests or showing off your skills at a potluck.
I filled the rolls with a cashew-based cheese spread which requires a little prep-ahead time but you could also use hummus or vegan cream cheese. The vegetables I used were somewhat chosen at random based on what was in at my local food coop but the sky’s the limit with what veggies you can use!
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked at least 4 hours
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbs tamari
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- water, added as needed
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 bell pepper, julienned
- 1 celery stalk, julienned
- 2 radishes, julienned
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth. Add just enough water to help things blend smoothly. Transfer cashew cheese to bowl and set aside.
- Use a mandolin slicer or vegetable peeler to slice the cucumber into thin strips (about ⅛").
- Lay each cucumber slice down and spread a thin layer of cashew cheese over it. Place a piece of pepper, cucumber, radish and onion in the corner. Gently roll cucumber around vegetables.
- Repeat until everything is used. Enjoy fresh!