So you already know that I’ve been having a love affair with strawberry baked goods this season.
After I was so excited with how my Vegan Blueberry Lemon Loaf turned out (seriously, you gotta try it), I decided to make a variation on the recipe using strawberries.
Today’s Vegan Spelt Strawberry Coffee Cake is another really fun breakfast/dessert. The loaf is made with oats which makes it breakfast-y but it’s topped with a cinnamon-sugar crumble which also puts it in the dessert category. No matter what time of day you decide to enjoy it, I think you’ll be happy!
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbs baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 cup spelt flour
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- dash of salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- coconut butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, stir together ½ cup coconut oil, maple syrup, milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add contents small bowl to large. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Fold in strawberries.
- Prepare crumb topping by stirring together 1 cup flour, coconut sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, salt and ¼ cup coconut oil.
- Press batter into loaf pan so it's about 90% full. Use hands to press crumb topping on top.
- Bake for 25-40 minutes (depending on size of pan) until loaf is puffy and golden brown.
- Let cool before removing from pan. Drizzle melted coconut butter on top.