My four favorite (non-dessert) ingredients are probably hummus, chickpeas, avocado and kale. I’m always happy to have any combination of the four in a meal and to have ALL four will definitely make my day.
Today’s recipe utilizes my favorite foods in a perfectly deliciously way that’s almost so obvious that I can’t believe I haven’t come up with it before now.
This Vegan Hummus, Avocado and Chickpea Pizza is the epitome of an “Ilene meal” (hehe). I kept mine simple and just topped it with vegan mozzarella but you easily go all out with caramelized onions, mushrooms and all sorts of veggies. I enjoyed mine as an entree but it could also be a really fun alternative to chips and hummus at your next party!
I made a simple spelt crust (I know I keep mentioning this, I promise I’ll share the recipe as soon as it’s perfect!) but if you really want to take your chickpea-love to the next level I recommend trying my chickpea crust.
For the hummus, I used roasted garlic hummus that I already had on hand. Feel free to get creative with your favorite homemade or store-bought flavors! Next time I think I’ll try my Smoked Paprika Hummus. The possibilities are endless!
- your favorite crust, pre-baked
- 1 cup shredded kale
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½- 1 cup hummus (add as much as you like!)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- ½ cup vegan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lay crust out on pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Place kale in small bowl. Toss with olive oil. Set aside.
- Spread hummus over crust. Top with chickpeas and avocado. Spread kale on top. Sprinkle cheese over everything. Add salt an pepper.
- Bake until cheese melts (about 10 minutes). Serve right away.