Pizza is one of those magical foods that you really can’t go wrong with. Lately I’ve been having fun getting creative with different pizza recipes- hummus pizza, pad thai pizza and lots of other weird-but-good combos!
On a day last week when it was just starting to feel like fall, I decided to make
roasted vegetables pizza! Today’s Vegan Harvest Pizza features one of my favorite fall veggies, kabocha squash, and a whole bunch of other autumnal goodness.
I decided to switch things up and use this cashew cheese on top but feel free to go with a more melty vegan cheese like this. The recipe calls for kale, which I decided to lightly wilt before adding it to the pizza by sautéing it in a small pan for just a minute or two.
- 1-2 tbs olive oil
- 1 small kabocha squash, seeds scooped out and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- your favorite pizza crust
- 2 cups mushrooms, halved
- ¾ cup pizza or marinara sauce
- 1 cup kale, shredded (you might want to saute for a minute or two)
- ¼ cup cashew cheese (see above) or your favorite vegan cheese
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss squash, mushrooms and onions in olive oil. Spread out over baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes (flip halfway), until tender.
- Spread sauce over crust. Top with squash, mushrooms, onions and kale. Drizzle cheese and walnuts on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake until completely warm (about 10 minutes). Remove from oven, sprinkle with parsely and serve right away.