Need something quick and easy to bring to a holiday party? Say hello to today’s Vegan Cranberry-Kale Popcorn Marshmallow Holiday Bark!
This is a really funny recipe because it started as a simple chocolate and popcorn bark but then I realized a had a bag of vegan marshmallows in my cabinet and a bag of dried cranberries and kale chips. How could I say no to an easy way to add red and green (without using food coloring) to this dessert? In the end the”bark” ended up turning out more like bars but I haven’t gotten any complaints!
I recommend making a big batch of kale chips (because they’re a delicious snack) and using the crumbles for the bark. Here’s my easy kale chip recipe.
For all you sweet and salty dessert lovers- this one’s for you!
ps- looking to lighten up on the sweets a bit after the holiday are over? Join me for 21 days of healthy, colorful eating and SO much more!
- 1¼ cup + ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini vegan marshmallows (see link above)
- 1 cup popped popcorn
- dash of salt
- ¼ cup kale chip crumbles (see link above), divided
- 2 tbs dried cranberries, divided
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1¼ cup of chocolate chips. Pour melted chocolate over parchment paper. Use a spatula to smooth it out to a rectangle that's about ⅓" thick.
- Place mini marshmallows and popcorn over chocolate and dash with salt.
- Sprinkle half of kale chips and cranberries next.
- Melt remaining ½ cup of chocolate. Drizzle over everything.
- Sprinkle remaining kale chips and cranberries on top. Place in freezer or refrigerator to completely harden. Remove and slice or break into pieces. Store in refrigerator.