It’s comfort food time…again!
This winter has been all about comfort food for me and today’s recipe is another to cozy up with on a chilly night. This Vegan +Gluten-Free Easy Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce is super simple to make and highly versatile.
Traditional alfredo sauce is made of everything that used to give me a stomach ache (back in my dairy-eating days), cream, butter and cheese. I love this dairy-free version because it’s rich and creamy but totally stomach ache free!
I kept my first alfredo dinner (I made enough sauce to last all week) pretty simple and used brown rice spirals (although fettuccine would have been a classic alfredo choice) and added a little steamed broccoli with parsley on top. Feel free to get really creative here and use whatever pasta/rice/quinoa and veggies you like- just about everything tastes good with this sauce on it!
- 1 small head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbs olive oil or vegan butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs tamari
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Add cauliflower and boil until tender (7- 10 minutes).
- Drain cauliflower and transfer to blender. Add all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Use sauce right away or store in refrigerator for 3-4 days.