Incase you haven’t heard, for the past few months I’ve been knee-deep in creating, testing, photographing and eating (so much eating) new recipes for my first cookbook, coming out with BenBella Books, December 2017.
Today I’m so excited to put out a call for recipe testers for the book! If you like the food on my blog and enjoy trying out new recipes, I would love to invite you to apply! Click here to get all the details. I’m no longer taking submissions but a huge thank you to everyone who applied!
Now moving on to today’s new recipe, Vegan Berry Breakfast Pizza + Gluten-Free Chickpea Crust. It’s super fun for breakfast or brunch and the perfect sweet/savory way to use fresh summer berries. You may recognize the chickpea crust from this pizza recipe– I like it as a super simple gluten-free option, plus it’s full of protein. I used this vegan cream cheese but I also think coconut yogurt would be a great swap (here’s my local favorite for those in NYC).
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- dash of salt
- ¼ cup vegan cream cheese
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To prepare the chickpea curst, stir together flour, water, olive oil and salt in a medium bowl.
- Spread mixture out in a circular shape (Or multiple circles if making individual pizzas) on the baking sheet until it's about ¼" thick. Bake for 15. Remove from oven and gently flip parchment paper and crust upside down on baking sheet. Pull baking sheet away from crust. Bake for 5 more minutes.
- When the crust is done baking, spread vegan cream cheese on top. Top with berries, drizzle with peanut butter and sprinkle shredded coconut over everything. Slice and enjoy.