On Monday I shared my 2017 Holiday Gift, which was roundup of my favorite products that make great gifts. I only included one cookbook, but since cookbooks really are my go-to gift, I decided to create a second part to the guide.
The following are my favorite cookbooks of 2017, plus a few favorites from years past that I think every veggie-lover should have on their shelf.
1. The Colorful Kitchen: Simple Plant-Based Recipes for Vibrancy, Inside and Out by Me! Ilene Godofsky Moreno
I’m going to kick this list of with my own cookbook! It comes out December 12th but when you preorder it you’ll get my Holiday Season ebook (just in time for Christmas and Chanukah) right away for free!
2. The Homemade Vegan Pantry: The Art of Making Your Own Staples by Miyoko Schinner
Just browsing the pages of this book makes me feel like a domestic goddess! I’ll admit that I haven’t made much from this book, but one day soon I’ll have enough time to churn my own vegan butter!
3. The New Nourishing: Delicious plant-based comfort food to feed body and soul by Leah Vanderveldt
When I first flipped through this book, I thought to my myself, “these are my kind of recipes!” This book is all about plant-based comfort food- not the faux-cheeseburger and soy nacho kind- but the kind of cozy dishes that make you feel good from the inside out.
This isn’t a cookbook per se, but rather an exploration of all things wellness with a some recipes mixed in. Not only did this book make me laugh out load, but Phoebe’s health journey reminded me so much of my own!
I want to eat every single recipe in this book! Plus, each photo is truly a work of art.
6. Frugal Vegan: Affordable, Easy & Delicious Vegan Cooking by Katie Koteen and Kate Kasbee
Vegan food definitely does not have to be any more expensive than non-vegan food, but I’ll be the first to admit that pricey vegan cheese, raw chocolates and exotic produce can be really seductive! Your bank account will thank you for this book.
7. The Superfun Times Vegan Holiday Cookbook: Entertaining for Absolutely Every Occasion by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Ross knows that Isa Chandra Moskowitz is my all-time favorite cookbook author and he got me this book for Chanukah last year! Like the title says, it really is super fun and it includes a vegan version of all the traditional holiday favorites.
8. Vegan Bowl Attack!: More than 100 One-Dish Meals Packed with Plant-Based Power by Jackie Sobon
Doesn’t everything just take better in a bowl? You know I love my macro bowls, but this book takes it to another level! Plus, Jackie’s photography is so, so gorgeous.
9. But My Family Would Never Eat Vegan!: 125 Recipes to Win Everyone Over by Kristy Turner
One of the most challenging parts of adopting a plant-based diet or even just adding more plant-based food into your diet can often be your family. If they aren’t on board with trying new foods it can be a serious struggle! Kristy’s book is full of plant-based recipes that everyone will love- vegan or otherwise!
10. Sweet Potato Soul: 100 Easy Vegan Recipes for the Flavors of Smoke, Sugar Spice and Soul by Jenne Claiborne
This book doesn’t come out until February, but I’m eagerly awaiting it since I’ve followed Jenne’s blog for so many years! The timing is perfect to preorder it now and give it as a Valentine’s day gift.
Now I’d love to hear from you! What have your favorite cookbooks been this year and what are your all-time favorites? Let me know in the comments!