As much as I LOVE coming up with new recipes and getting crazy in the kitchen, I probably end up making some version of a stir-fry for dinner at least two nights a week. Seriously- how much easier does it get than throwing all your veggies in a pan and stirring a few times? It’s the perfect 10-minute weeknight dinner. I like to change my stir-frys up depending on what vegetables are in season then usually add either a tamari or olive oil based sauce and serve with quinoa, rice, or lentils.
Today I’m excited to share in incredibly easy way to spice up your stir-fry- with kimchi! I happened to use whatever veggies I had in my fridge for the Vegan Kimchi Stir-Fry in the photo but feel free to get as creative as you like with the veggies. We enjoyed this stir-fry with a side of brown rice and edamame. The recipe gives the option of adding seaweed seasoning. I used this kelp-based seasoning but you can use any kind of ground seaweed or simply substitute with salt and pepper.
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bunches of baby bok choy,broken apart
- 2 cups kale, shredded
- 1 tbs tamari
- ½ cup kimchi
- optional- dash of seaweed seasoning
- Heat oil in large pan or wok at medium high.
- Add onion, garlic and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium and add boo choy and kale. Saute for 2-3 minutes, until kale wilts.
- Add tamari and kimchi and stir for a 1-2 minutes until everything is warm.
- Transfer to plates and top with seaweed seasoning
And by the way, I have to mention that the inspiration from this recipe came from the leftovers of jar of kimchi that I had from making these kimchi pancakes!! I saw the recipe on The Kitchn and they looked so good that I ran out and got a jar of kimchi (vegan kimchi from Small World Food) and made them for dinner immediately. They are super simple yet so tasty- I highly recommend the recipe!