Today I’m excited to share another super simple weeknight dinner recipe that takes less than 15 minutes to put together. I made this Gluten-Free Southwestern-Style Pasta for dinner last night and it was incredibly easy and tasty…unfortunately all of my kitchen adventures of the day didn’t go quite as smoothly. While attempting to make a double layer chocolate chip peanut butter cake I accidentally burnt the cakes and bought the wrong kind of coconut milk for the frosting. The end result was very sad, slightly-too crispy cake with very droopy frosting.
This cake was all dressed up with no where to go!
Anyways, I wanted to share a quick photo because I’m still committed to making an awesome chocolate chip peanut butter cake…so stay tuned for an improved version!
Back to the pasta recipe. This dish came together when I realized I had vegan cheddar cheese and cooked black beans in my fridge once I already had pasta boiling on the stove. I love the combination of textures and flavors- it’s unbelievably simple but super tasty and reminiscent of eating tacos (in a good way).
I used gluten-free fusilli but feel free to use your pasta of choice.
- 2 portions pasta of your choice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- 1 tbs tamari
- ⅓ cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese (I used Daiya)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to directions on package.
- Heat olive oil in pan on stove at medium heat. Add garlic, onions and mushrooms and sautee until lightly browned (7-10 minutes).
- Add tomato, black beans and tamari and sauté another 3-4 minutes. Add cooked pasta and cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to plates and top with avocado, salt and pepper.