Today we’re cooking up something extra fresh in the kitchen!
This Vegan & Gluten-Free Easy Fresh & Savory Pasta has recently become a go-to dinner at my house. The combination of flavors is light but it’s also filling and super satisfying. It’s a little Italian, a little Mediterranean and feels perfect for spring.
For the pasta, lately I’ve been loving these brown rice noodles (I also love their buckwheat noodles for an Asian stir-fry). I used a jar of artichoke hearts because I still haven’t gotten down the perfect method for roasting artichokes, plus it’s quite time-consuming.
I like top everything off with olive oil and fresh lemon juice but if you’re in a marinara mood that would also be delicious!
- 1 package of your favorite pasta (I used this)
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 broccoli crown, broken into florets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, sliced
- ¼ cup olives, sliced
- olive oil
- fresh lemon juice
- nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil
- Prepare pasta according to instructions.
- In a medium pan, heat olive oil at medium heat. Add garlic and broccoli and saute for 3-5 minutes, until broccoli turns bright green. Add tomatoes and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts and olives and stir until everything is warm.
- Transfer pasta to plates or bowls. Serve broccoli mixture over pasta. Top with olive oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper and basil, as desired.